Learn about the importance of selecting low-impact materials and how to choose between different building elements. What is a life cycle assessment and how it is used to make decisions during design, taking into account the different environmental impact categories?
See examples in the building sector for
- lower impact & natural materials
- local and regionally-sourced materials
- recycled or re-used materials
- sustainably-sourced materials
- certified timber
- renewable materials
- low-toxicity finishes
This seminar will also give an overview of waste management during construction and during the building’s operation, including:
- Sorting & Recycling on construction sites for Contractors
- Design measures and considerations to encourage recycling & composting during the building operation
Architects & engineers, building & construction professionals, students or environmental enthusiasts.